New To Yoga & Ayurveda
Are you just starting your yoga practice based on a recommendation from a doctor, mental health counselor, or friend? Choosing the right path and studio for you is important.
At Pranayoga, teachers are trained in Ayurveda and yoga therapy and know how to adapt to meet you where you are, within a variety of classes, and for different levels of experience and goals.
Our suggestion is to use this introduction card to explore the different yoga styles, teachers, and locations in order to find the right yoga class for you. Here are 5 tips to help you find the yoga class best suited to your needs.
Prana Premium Yoga Membership
Have some experience but are interested in exploring different classes and teachers both online and in-person to find the right routine for you? We recommend our premium New Student Special.
New Member Special - $65
Try out our membership for 50% off the first month to see how you love it!
Thirty days to explore the following:
Unlimited Live Stream Classes + Class Recordings
Unlimited In-Person Group Classes
Monthly Series and 2-hour workshops to discover the holistic practice of yoga
PranaYoga On-Demand Pre-Recorded Videos
10% off Yoga Therapy, Massage and Ayurveda
2 Guest passes each month for any family and friends (they don’t have to be new!)
$100 off of teacher training
Discover your community
Find Your Path
New to yoga and a yoga studio? Our yoga 101 series is the best way to begin. In Yoga 101, the teacher will give more detailed instructions and modifications for each pose, creating a strong foundation of safe alignment that builds each week.
Individual Yoga Therapy Sessions
Experiencing stress or discomfort? Yoga therapy teaches people who are suffering from pain, illness, or disease how to move to a place of ease. The difference between traditional yoga and yoga therapy is that traditional yoga teaches healthy individuals how to achieve excellence, while yoga therapy teaches people suffering from pain, illness, or disease how to move to a place of ease.
Start your journey online from the comfort of your own home. You belong here exactly as you are. Prana Online includes all of the wonderful classes and series that our brick and mortar studio has to support you in the comfort of your own home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Pranayoga’s mission is to bring yoga to people that cannot practice traditional yoga. We offer group sattva vinyasa all levels classes, group yoga therapy classes, beginner yoga, restorative and yin. We also offer kids and prenatal group sessions.
Pranayoga Institute is the home of the midwest’s first yoga therapy collective featuring
- Individual Yoga Therapy Sessions
- Yoga Therapy Wellness Series
- International Association of Yoga Therapy Training Accredited Institute for yoga teachers that wish to become Yoga Therapists.
- Yoga Alliance Certifications and Trainings as holistic yoga teachers
- Integrative wellness including Ayurveda Counseling, Life Coaching and Massage Therapy complimentary to yoga therapy.
Setting Up For Success
To get the most out of your yoga experience practice often and always inform your instructor of any injuries, illness, or acute discomfort prior to any class. Yoga is very safe but certain postures may aggravate any inflamed or irritated parts of the body. The benefits come from the awareness, not how far your stretch. Get to know and respect your body and it’s capabilites. All exercise programs involve a risk of injury. The following guidelines will help ensure more benefits for a safer, sustainable practice.
- Listen to the instructions carefully.
- Do not perform postures or movements that are painful to you.
- Breathe smoothly and continyously as you move.
- Do not hold your breath or strain to attain any position,
- Work gently, respecting your body’s abilities and limits.
- Ask for help if you are unsure how to perform a certain movement,
- For menstrating woman, it is not recommended to invert.
- Pregnant women must consult their health care provider before starting yoga and may enjoy our pranamommas prenatal classes!