Welcome to Pranayoga! Our wellness studio offers a unique yoga experience. As a yoga therapy school, we offer trauma-informed, therapeutic movement for stress reduction, improved well-being, and spiritual connection.
-Experienced yoga teachers and professional yoga therapists to guide you in your practice.
-Ayurveda life coaches that understand the importance of making yoga accessible to you, and that yoga doesn't end when you step off of your mat.
-Community from the heart that welcomes you just as you are. All faiths, experiences and bodies are truly welcome here.
Experience the benefits of therapeutic yoga
Enhance Athletic Ability
Stronger Immune System
So what is the difference between Yoga and Exercise?
- Parasympathetic nervous system dominates
- Subcortical regions of the brain dominate
- Slow dynamic and static movements
- Normalization of muscle tone
- Low risk of injuring muscles and ligaments
- Low caloric consumption
- Effort is minimized, relaxed
- Energizing (breathing is natural or controlled)
- Balanced activity of opposing muscle groups
- Noncompetitive, process-oriented
- Awareness is internal
- (focus is on breath and the infinite)
- Limitless possibilities for growth in self-awareness
- Sympathetic nervous system dominates
- Cortical regions of brain dominate
- Rapid forceful movements
- Increased muscle tension
- Higher risk of injury
- Moderate to high caloric consumption
- Effort is maximized
- Fatiguing (breathing is taxed)
- Imbalanced activity of opposing groups
- Competitive, goal-oriented
- Awareness is external
(focus is on reaching the toes, reaching the finish line, etc.)
- Boredom factor